Themes and Topics
The theme of the conference
is Urban Rural Interrelationship for Sustainable Environment. The theme
is divided into sub-themes:
- urban-rural relationship in land management
- spatial planning in promoting good urban and rural environment
- cadastre and land management in Arab countries and in Western
- security of tenure and access to land
- geographic information for environment
- geographic information – organisations challenges
- risk management
- coastal management
- e-governance and e-commerce in surveying services
- professional organisations – capacity building through
- education and curricula for surveyors
- regional horizontal and vertical reference frame
- positioning and measurement technologies and practices
- engineering surveys for construction works and industry
- housing financing.
Each day will be opened by a plenary session with contributions from
prominent keynote speakers followed by 3 parallel sessions.
The conference is expected to attract professionals, academics,
scientists, researchers, policy makers and administrators from all
surveying disciplines and related professionals.